Peer Consultation and Training in Psychosexual Therapy – Starting November 10, 2017
Many professionals in the field receive add hoc trainings on various topics. While professionals may feel very knowledgable, they may not be sure how much they know or how much they don’t. It becomes only apparent when they are faced with a new client or a new presenting problem, what may be missing or polishing. This consultation group and training is designed for professionals to acquire skills to practice with confidence.
The two-hour modules will consist of a whole hour dedicated to bringing new advances in the field and practical skills that can be used in everyday practices. The HAT training is built into these sessions providing a valuable addition to professional’s current knowledge and skill sets. The Training hour of these sessions are AASECT CE eligible. We can also work out a way to offer CE to other providers if you are interested.
“My goal is to start something similar to the Manhattan Sex Therapy Group that we formed 10 years ago in New York City. A community of highly skilled and trained professionals who continue to grow together. I would also like to make this growth as systematic as possible.” – Dr. Sara
About the Training:
- Selection: Due to high demand and time restrictions registration is first-come-first-serve.
- Registration: Please fill out the registration form and submit payment to secure your spot (details in link)
- Number of Participants: There are 6 slots available in both groups, total 12 participants will be accepted to ensure the quality of the sessions as well as a fair distribution of time amongst the members
- Sessions: 10 sessions in total (each 2 hours)
- Format: First hour training on a specific topic (AASECT CE eligible) and second hour, consultation of cases
- Address: Dr. Sara’s office Palo Alto (Hamilton Avenue)
- Start date: Friday, November 10 (first sessions) and the second Friday of each month thereafter.
- Timing: Option 1: 9-11 am // Option 2: 1-3 pm
- Fee: $150 per session ($1500 for 10 sessions)
- Missed sessions: If you miss a session, you will receive the material for the training hour of that session.
- Dropping out: Your spot will be yours for that year unless you decide to drop out all together in which case you are refunded for the remainder of the sessions and someone else will take your spot (with the agreement of the group members).
- Speakers/Trainers: The majority of the training will be presented by Dr. Sara; some sessions might have guest speakers for the training hour segment to ensure the most updated and relevant information delivered on the given topic.
Who Can Attend?
Due to the experimental nature of the training, attendance in person in mandatory.
- Clinical and Counseling Psychologists
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Professional Clinical Counselors
- Educational Psychologists
- Mental Health Counselors
- Others: Physical Therapists and Nurses who joined our groups before reported tremendous benefit to their practices as well