How to have an effective tele-therapy session?
Thank you for visiting this page in the midst of your rich schedule. One of the privileges I have is to be respected by my peers around the world. If you know me personally, you know that I don’t take this lightly. I strive to deepen my learning and give back to our community as much as possible and through multiple means, be it writing, giving lectures, chairing committees, sitting at the Boards of our associations, or offering personal consulting and training. Here are some offerings I curated based on the demands I receive from peers across caring professions. I hope you find something relevant to your practice. Please let me know if what you are looking for is not included here. You never know. It might be in an upcoming agenda.
If you are a colleague in need of consultation on a case, please feel free to contact me. Your geographical location is not an issue. I work globally and across time zones.
Specific issues I could help you with include:
- Any issues related to couples,
- Premarital counseling (compatibility testing),
- Complex sexual dysfunctions,
- Working with clients with various sexual orientations LGBTQI+
- Working with clients of variety of relationship orientations (polyamory, monagamish, etc.)
- Kink-practicing clients,
- Practical parenting advice for young children,
- Concerns related to cultural or religious diversity,
- Working with public figures and celebrities,
- Working with the media.
To address, assess, diagnose, manage and treat psychosexual and relationship issues
Why H.A.T. :
Many professionals in the field of mental health and coaching programs receive ad hoc training on various topics related to relationships, sexuality and coupledom. Upon facing clients, quite a number of colleagues feel their training in couples therapy and sexual function and dysfunctions is rather limited.
And while professionals may feel somewhat knowledgeable, they may still not be sure how much they know or how much they don’t. This gap may only become apparent when they are faced with a new client, or a situation that they have not faces before. This training is designed so professionals can acquire skills to practice with confidence.
H.A.T. embodies the multiple roles professionals take on when working with clients (various hats we wear). These roles often complement each other, so much so that professionals may not even notice as they shift from one to another. However, being intentional about the role one opts to take informs one’s inquiries around an issue, how one approaches it, and what one offer to their clients. This ensures that professionals holistically address different dimensions of assessments, diagnosis, and treatment of sexuality and relationship issues.
The program has two tracks: couples’ relationship (from dating to long-term relationships including different relationships orientations) as well as psychosexual track (which focuses on sexual functions and dysfunctions more specifically).
The structure and process:
All the resources (videos, lectures, material and tools) are available on the H.A.T. platform and could be accessed in your own time.
What you will gain:
A) literacy (knowledge), fluency (skills and attitudinal reassessment) as well as proficiency (critical thinking, confidence and efficiency) in working with individuals who are looking for committed and thriving relationships as well as couples and psychosexual issues.
B) Access to a one of a kind and rich archives of practical tools for your practice.
C) Continuing Education Credits from BBS, APA and AASECT
D) By the end of the training, individuals who have completed the entire program will be HAT-certified. This will make them eligible to join the global HAT community. This program also meets the coe knowledge requirements to become AASECT certified (for educators, consolers and therapists).
E) Bonus material: The H.A.T. handbook.
Objectives for the Psychosexual Track:
- Assess and diagnose sexual dysfunctions by using a holistic approach that includes bio-psycho-social dimensions of the presenting problem as well as other perspectives, including culture, family dynamics, and discourse analysis.
- Design and suggest holistic treatment plans and therapies utilizing the data that is collected through the H.A.T. assessment process. This includes learning how to take holistic history, assign practical and case-specific homework for success, review feedback with client(s), and make appropriate referrals to other professionals who can complement their treatment plans.
- Apply practical frameworks discussed during sessions and utilize them in settings with clients from various cultural, educational, and religious backgrounds.
- Critically analyze their developmental needs in this area and identify opportunities for co-therapies, referrals, supervision, and continuing education.
Objectives for the couples counseling track:
- Systematically assess the strengths and areas for improvement for couples through the utilization of the validated Inventory, Relationship Panoramic (a holistic and validated inventory) to
- Preparing individuals for success prior to their engagement in a relationship
- Help new couples navigate a newly formed relationship
- Help long-term couples in a strength-based approach
Who will benefit from H.A.T.?
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Professional Clinical Counselors
- Educational Psychologists
- Mental Health Counselors
- Sexuality Educators
- Sexuality and Relationship Coaches
- Physical Therapists, Psychiatrists, Nurses, Gynecologists
What will happen after becoming H.A.T. certified?
By the end of the training, individuals who have completed the entire program will be HAT-certified. This will make them eligible to join the global H.A.T. community. Our community meets once a year in every region for an annual retreat (depending on the number of participants from the region). This program also meets partial requirements to become AASECT certified. Community members have access to a wide body of unique resources including practice materials, interviews, and more.
Contact me for more information.