Thank you for visiting this page in the midst of your rich schedule. One of the privileges I have is to be respected by my peers around the world. If you know me personally, you know that I don’t take this lightly. I strive to deepen my learning and give back to our community as much as possible and through multiple means, be it writing, giving lectures, chairing committees, sitting at the Boards of our associations, or offering personal consulting and training. Here are some offerings I curated based on the demands I receive from peers across caring professions. I hope you find something relevant to your practice. Please let me know if what you are looking for is not included here. You never know. It might be in an upcoming agenda.
If you are a colleague in need of consultation on a case, please feel free to contact me. Your geographical location is not an issue. I work globally and across time zones.
Specific issues I could help you with include:
- Any issues related to couples,
- Premarital counseling (compatibility testing),
- Complex sexual dysfunctions,
- Working with clients from a variety of relationship and sexual orientations,
- Kink-practicing clients,
- Practical parenting advice for young children,
- Concerns related to cultural or religious diversity,
- Working with public figures and celebrities,
- Working with the media.
Many professionals in the field receive ad hoc training on various topics related to sexuality and coupledom. Still, many colleagues who studied marriage and family therapy in the U.S. and Canada feel their training in sexual function and dysfunctions is rather limited.
And while professionals may feel somewhat knowledgeable, they may still not be sure how much they know or how much they don’t. This gap may only become apparent when they are faced with a new client, or a situation that they have not faces before. This training is designed so professionals can acquire skills to practice with confidence.
H.A.T. embodies the multiple roles professionals take on when working with clients. These roles often complement each other, so much so that professionals may not even notice as they shift from one to another. However, being intentional about the role one opts to take informs one’s inquiries around an issue, how one approaches it, and what one offer to their clients. This ensures that professionals holistically address different dimensions of assessments, diagnosis, and treatment of sexuality and relationship issues.
Upon Completion of the H.A.T. training, practitioners can:
- Assess and diagnose sexual dysfunctions by using a holistic approach that includes bio-psycho-social dimensions of the presenting problem as well as other perspectives, including culture, family dynamics, and discourse analysis.
- Design and suggest holistic treatment plans and therapies utilizing the data that is collected through the HAT assessment process. This includes learning how to take holistic history, assign practical and case-specific homework for success, review feedback with client(s), and make appropriate referrals to other professionals who can complement their treatment plans.
- Apply practical frameworks discussed during sessions and utilize them in settings with clients from various cultural, educational, and religious backgrounds.
- Critically analyze their developmental needs in this area and identify opportunities for co-therapies, referrals, supervision, and continuing education.
All of the educational materials, including practice templates and a handbook, are included in the price of the course.
The first cohort of H.A.T. training in Southern California will start January 2020 and will meet the first Saturday of each month. Meetings are held at Dr. Sara’s office in Beverly Hills for 3 hours each session. The training has a large experiential component to it; therefore, it is important to meet in person. However, if you miss a session, you can arrange a time to connect between meetings so you may come to the next meeting informed and prepared.
Who will benefit from H.A.T.?
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Professional Clinical Counselors
- Educational Psychologists
- Mental Health Counselors
- Others: Physical Therapists and Nurses who joined our groups before
What will happen after becoming HAT certified?
By the end of the training, individuals who have completed the entire course will be HAT-certified. This will make them eligible to join the global HAT community. This program also meets partial requirements to become AASECT certified. Community members have access to a wide body of unique resources including practice materials, interviews, and more.
Interested? Contact me for more information.
Sexual Attitude Reassessment
5 Senses and Beyond: Assumptions, Perceptions and Expectations
Discover novel insights and optimize your relationships through this unique experience.
What is SAR?
SAR is a process-oriented, structured group experience to promote participants’ awareness of their attitudes and values related to sexuality, and to assist them in understanding how these attitudes and values affect them professionally and personally. SAR is an in-depth exploration of one’s values, beliefs, and attitudes and includes experiential, audio-visual panel experiences. This SAR is unique in that it focuses on the five senses and brings in the rich elements of various cultural contexts.
Who can attend?
- Professionals working in the field of human sexuality,
- Graduate students with an interest in sexuality and related subjects, and
- Anyone who would like to explore their values, beliefs, and attitudes.
If you are interested in learning more about this training or would like to know where/when our next event will be, please contact me using the form below.
I am starting a new advanced consultation group for colleagues who work with couples, relationship issues, and a range of psychosexual issues.
The group meets once a month (first Friday of each month from 8 to 10am Pacific Time) via web-conference and engages in a variety of online forums. Sessions are recorded and remain available for viewing at your convenience.
Nineteen years of experience within the field of sexuality and relationships across 4 practices around the world plus learning from insightful and skillful mentors has packed my toolbox with variety of effective and simple tools that I would love to share with you. These include high quality images for psychosexual education, forms, quizzes, conversation-deepening tools for couples, videos of experiential work, and more.
This is a membership platform which allows exchanges within our community. If you are interested please contact me for further information.
Relationship Panoramic is a validated inventory for the assessment of long-term relationships. In this training, participants will learn about the psychometric qualities of this test and how to use it for their clients.